Power BI Weekly Issue 11: 11th June 2019
This week I wanted to highlight this article on Azure Machine Learning in Power BI Dataflows by Sagar Narla. I think it the combination of Azure ML and Power BI is really exciting and something I'm certainly planning on exploring!
There were also quite a few announcements and updates, along with a summary of The road so far in 2019 (as it's somehow already June!).
Covering: Power Query (M), Dataflows, Data connectors, Analysis Services
- Chris Webb (@cwebb_bi) walks through Removing HTML Tags From Text In Power Query/Power BI
- On the Power BI community blog, Sagar Narla blogs about Azure Machine Learning in Power BI Dataflows
- Matt Allington (@ExceleratorBI) discusses Pivoting Text Data Using Power Query
- Matthew Roche (@SQLAllFather) asks "Is self-service business intelligence a two-edged sword?"
- On the Visual BI blog, Parkavi Parameswaran writes about Historical Data Preservation using Power BI Dataflow
- On the Powered Solutions blog, Miguel Escobar (@EscobarMiguel90) writes about Logical Operators and Nested IFs in Power BI / Power Query
Covering: Relationships, Calculated Columns, Calculated Measures, Calculated Tables, DAX
- On the Power BI community blog, Martin Kratky covers Bulk measure handling (copy between reports/format changes)
Report Design and Visualizations
Covering: Report layout and formatting, Mobile reports, Native & Custom visuals, R & Python integration, Visual interactions, Report Themes
- On the RADACAD blog, Reza Rad (@Rad_Reza) explains how to Create a Profiling Report in Power BI: Give the End User Information about the Data
- The Azure updates team announces that Key influencers AI visual is now available in Power BI Embedded analytics to help users identify what factors influence a KPI and discusses the Power BI Embedded analytics accessibility improvements for application users
- Rui Romano (@RuiRomano) describes the Power BI App + Feedback Forms
- On the Power BI community blog, Achin describes the CRM Online issues with oData, and solution with FetchXML
- On the DB Best blog, DeNisha Malone (@thepowerbiqueen) describes how to Include a Report Support Tab
- Patrick Leblanc (@patrickdba) provides A look at the Power BI Paginated report updates June 2019
- Chandeep Chhabra (@chandeep2786) talks about Use Icons in Power BI
Covering: Dashboards, Quick Insights, Q&A, Filters, Bookmarks, Drill-through
Deployment, Security and Operations
Covering: Apps and App Workspaces, Template Apps, Datasets, Gateways, Security, Sharing, Licences, REST APIs, PowerShell cmdlets, .NET SDK
- On the DataAP blog, Hariharan Rajendran explains how to Recover & Restore Deleted Power BI Workspace (Step by Step)
- On the RADACAD blog, Reza Rad (@Rad_Reza) covers All You Need to Know About the Incremental Refresh in Power BI: Load Changes Only
- The Azure updates team announces that you can now Only upload Datasets with Power BI Embedded analytics Import API and covers how Power BI REST API with Try-it tool allows you to try APIs without any code
- David Eldersveld (@dataveld) explains how to Enrich Your Power BI App Navigation Experience
- On the Power BI blog, Swati Gupta announces that AI metrics now available in Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics app
- Also on the Power BI blog, Arthi Ramasubramanian Iyer announces Tenant level administration for Power BI Service Admins
- Also on the Power BI blog, Christian Brown gives us a Heads up: Shared and certified datasets are coming to Power BI
- Rui Romano (@RuiRomano) discusses PowerBIPS + Service Principal
- Gilbert Quevauvilliers (@GilbertQue) gives us Power BI Premium Performance – How much memory will the PBIX consume?
- John White (@diverdown1964) explains how to Connect to Power BI dataflows and datasets using Power BI Desktop with multiple accounts and talks about Connecting Power BI workspaces and SharePoint sites
- Adam Saxton (@guyinacube) blogs about Power BI Governance, Performance, email subscriptions and more...
- On the Visual BI blog, Sathya Narayana Karthikeshwar talks about the Performance Analyzer Feature in Power BI
- On the Power BI blog, Arthi Ramasubramanian Iyer announces that the On-premises data gateway June 2019 update is now available
Covering: Public service announcements, Cross-topic feature summaries, Power BI Overviews, Upcoming webinars/events, Power BI Certifications
- On the Power BI blog, Nimrod Shalit gives us the Power BI Developer community April & May update
- Also on the Power BI blog, Nikhil Gaekwad (@NikhilGaekwad) gives us the Power BI Service and Mobile May 2019 feature summary